- DEALING WITH DISCOURAGEMENTDay 31
The prophet Elijah had just experienced some tremendous victories from God.: The distraction
of 450 false prophets, and the first rainfall in 3 1/2 years because of his earnest prayer. (James
But then he got afraid and discouraged.
1 Kings 19:1-8
1. Why did Elijah feel so overwhelmed?
2. What are some things that have made you feel like giving up?
3. How did the Lord encourage him physically, spiritually and emotionally?
4. What do you normally do when you start feeling "down?"
5. How can you apply the three lessons from above the next time you are tempted to give into
1 Kings 19:19-21
1. How do you think Elijah felt to be given a friend and a disciple like Elisha?
2. Why did God wait until Elijah was "in action" again before sending him to Elisha?
APPLICATION: How are you dealing with discouragement today? Share what you have
learned with someone else.
- WALKING AS JESUS DIDDay 32
1 John 2:5-6
1. Think back over the past several days. Are you walking like Jesus?
1. What was different about the way Jesus taught?
2. Are you teaching others with authority?
Mark 1: 29-34
1. How late do you think Jesus worked that night?
2. Do you think he felt tired?
3. Why did He work so hard?
4. Are you willing to push yourself for others to know Jesus- even when it is so challenging?
1. Note how early Jesus got up the next day? Why did He?
2. How much do you feel the need to pray like Jesus?
1. What kinds of people did Jesus make friends with? Why?
2. How do you treat sinners and pagans?
3. Are you making new friends to share the gospel with?
APPLICATION: Write down two things from today's study that you can do to imitate
Jesus. Do them .
- SHINING LIKE STARSDay 33
1. How do we " hold out the word of life" to others?
2. What kind of example do we need to show those around us?
3. What have you complained or argued about lately? How can you change?
1 Corinthians 9:19-23
1. How can you be a slave to everyone? (Give examples)
2. What are some ways you need to adopt to people in your life to help them be saved?
1. Why should we be "weeping" as we go out to make disciples?
2. What is the promise for those who do?
Are you being wise?
APPLICATION: Pray for a heart that truly loves people deeply as you share your faith
- TAKING CORRECTIONDay 34
1. What was Peter's sin?
2. Why did Paul correct him publicly?
(See 1 Timothy 5: 20, Matthew 18:15)
2 Corinthians 7:8-13
1. Why did Paul correct and challenge the Corinthians?
2. How does God want us to respond to correction?
3. Has anyone corrected you lately?
4. How did you respond?
5. Were they encouraged by your response?
1. What obligation do we have to help one another?
2. How can pride keep you from taking correction?
3. why is it dangerous to compare ourselves to others?
Proverbs 15:31-32/ 16:18
1. Which one describes you?
APPLICATION: Ask your discipler how you take correction. Do you need to repent?
- WORTHY OF THE NAMEDay 35
1 Peter 4: 12-19
1. What kind of insults and sufferings have you endured for Jesus?
2. What should your attitude be?
3. What does satan want you to think and do when you are being persecuted?
1. Have you gone through suffering like this?
2.What are you doing to encourage other Christians who are going through insults and
1. Have you faced lions, flames, swords, armies, tortures, flogging, imprisonment, chains- or
even banishment for Jesus' sake?
2. How did God regard these people?
2 Corinthians 11: 23-29/Romans 8:18
1. What kind of life did Paul live for Christ?
2. How did he feel about his sufferings?
3. Have you been rejoicing or complaining as a Christian?
APPLICATION: Would Jesus say you are worthy of the name "Christian"?
- A HOPE AND A FUTUREDay 36
1. Do you worry about your future?
2. What are your hopes and what are your fears?
What does God promise to those who seek Him with all their hearts? Are you seeking Him or
What are the desires of your heart? Do you believe God will give them to you?
Do you feel this way about your life? Why?
1 Timothy 6:6 -10
1. What should make you content?
2. What will a desire for money and things do to your life?
3. Hoe does someone "wander" from the faith?
4. What other desires could make us wander?
Romans 8: 31-32
How has God proven His love for you?
APPLICATION: If you are anxious or discontentment in your life, confess it a as lack of
faith, and memorize one of these scriptures to remind yourself of God's faithfulness.
- THE GRACE OF GIVINGDay 37
1. What do you learn from this widow's example?
2. Think of at least 3 reasons she could have given to be "stingy."
1 Timothy 6: 17-19
How should you live if you have money?
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
1. Have you decided to give generously to God?
2. Are you giving that amount regularly?
3. what does God promise to those who give freely?
4. How does your giving benefit others, God, and yourself?
APPLICATION: If you think your financial giving has not been generous or faithful,
decide what you will give and honor that promise to God.
- GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES Day 38
2 Timothy 2:1-7
Compare vs. 2 with Matthew 28: 19-20
1. What is Christ's "strategy" for evangelizing the world?
2. Describe a reliable discipline. Are you reliable in terms of keeping appointments, keeping
time, following instructions?
3. How are you to follow the example of a soldier, an athlete and a farmer? Be specific.
4. Would Timothy and Paul have chosen you to teach others? Why?
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
1. How is the Christian life like running a race?
2. What happens if an athlete does not train or "beat" his body?
3. What happens if you do not train and discipline yourself as a disciple?
APPLICATION: List ways you can be more disciplined in your Bible study and prayer,
your evangelism and your use of time. Share it with your discipler.
- FAITH IS THE VICTORYDay 39
1. Why was this man so determined to see Jesus?
2. List at last 3 reasons the man could have given to not try to see Jesus?
3. What impressed Jesus about this man?
4. How can you be more like him?
1. What did Jairus and the bleeding woman have in common?
2. Why did Jesus help both of them?
3. Why is it important for us to depend completely on Jesus when we need help?
4. What are some ways you have not been depending on God enough?
5. Have you turned to other sources for help?
1. What was different in this place? Why?
2. Is Jesus amazed at your faith or your lack of faith? Why?
Why do you think faith is so important for pleasing God?
APPLICATION: What are some of the things in your life (or someone else's )for which
you really need God's help? Keep a prayer and keep on praying.
- GOOD HEARTS, GOOD DEEDS, GOOD THINGSDay 40
1. Do you have a heart like this?
2. What is your life producing?
What are 3 things Philemon did that showed a good heart?
2 Peter 1:5-11
1. What do you need to do to keep growing as a Christian?
2. Define goodness, perseverance, brotherly kindness.
3. What happens if you stop growing?
4. What does vs. 10 mean?
3 John 2-6
1. If a brother or a sister came to visit you, what kind of report would they give about your life?
2. How do you feel about your life in Christ up until today?
3. Are you growing?
4. In what areas do you need help?
APPLICATION: Write down ( and do ) 3 things today that will show God how grateful you
are to be saved.
Now that you have finished your 40 days study, decide what you are going to study next and
have a plan. Share these notes with the people you are leading to the Lord. KEEP GROWING!
You have your whole spiritual future ahead of you to live, enjoy and maximize. Continue to
study your bible daily and get insights that will transform you, so that you may save both
yourself and your hearers.
God Bless You!